Leicestershire County Council has launched a £124,000 SHIRE Community Building Grant Fund to support Community Buildings across Leicestershire.
A maximum £6000 grant and or £4000 loan can be offered to constituted management groups who manage community buildings in Leicestershire.
There is a mix of funding available to cover both capital work – improvements for buildings – and support for business planning, advice and training – improvements in how the buildings are run.
Leicestershire County Council is looking to support costs of:
- Major repairs, such as new roofs and floors:
- Improvements that increaseCommunityBuildingcapacity or enable wider usage such as extensions and internal refits.
- Acquisition of buildings (via purchase or long lease) in order to provide a community facility.
- Construction of new Community Buildings.
- Training and development of the committee members, volunteers and staff running Community Buildings
- Support with strengthening governance, developing business plans and community consultation.
Applications will be considered by a Grants Panel. For applications to be considered by the next panel meeting in October, applications need to be submitted by Friday 20th of September.
For more details about the fund and how to apply, please visit:
or contact Andy Hayes 0116 305 7269